Sunday, November 17, 2013

Going Out More

We go out more. 

Guys, I hate to break it to you, but it's the simple truth. I never felt like my interest in watching sports was preventing us from doing anything as a couple, but it's hard to think otherwise when I look back on the last couple of weeks since I stopped. We've been to a play, a stand-up show, and a very odd, but entertaining interview between Michael Kay (stop it, he's just an announcer) and Larry David. Beyond that, we saw a living legend, Charo, perform an hour of immensely entertaining humor and music (look up her flamenco guitar chops on YouTube, and make sure your chin has something soft under it) and spent an afternoon at a museum. 

Factoring in the cooking I've been doing, and this has been among the most culturally diverse two weeks I can recall. And it was all immediate. I really don't know what to say about all this. 50 weeks to go, and while I still struggle not to open espn.com, I'm really enjoying the space in my life to explore new things.  

This weekend I decided it was time to start playing around with advanced cocktails (read: more interesting than a rum & coke) at home. One quick shopping trip later and I have simple syrup, angostura bitters, and some rye on hand and ready to play with. I know I am behind the times, and you can all probably school me on more challenging drinks than old fashioneds and manhattans, but I am a believer that you have to learn the basics before you can start messing around with the advanced levels. Come on by, and maybe we can have a drink and talk it over. 

Oh, and by the way, the juggling is coming along. At the moment, I can't seem to help myself from throwing them forward. I'll keep working on it, but these drinks sure aren't helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment