Thursday, November 28, 2013

Challenge!

Surely today, along with the entire month of March, will be the biggest challenge for The Off-Season. Football is as much a part of my Thanksgiving tradition as it is many of yours, and I certainly won't be asking others to change their day around just for me. Because of all this, I wanted to set the stage.

I am only vaguely aware, right now, of what time the games are even on. I do not know who is playing (aside from the home teams, of course) or if the games are expected to be good or anything. Typically, my Thanksgiving hosts tend to have movies on until one of the guests ask to switch over to the games. This year, that guest certainly won't be me.

If and when the games come on I'm not quite sure what I will do. I won't want to be rude, and technically my rules will be fulfilled. I will not have actively sought out sports. So I don't feel the need to leave the room and isolate myself. I suppose I'll try to at least maintain conversations that have to do with something other than the game. Oh, and I can always play with the dog.

I plan to bring my backgammon set and my juggling equipment to see if I can create a diversion in another room, but if no one bites, I'm not going to sit alone. I don't think that is in the spirit of the experiment.

If you feel like keeping up with things, you can follow my day at @the_off_season

If not, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment